CLAT Syllabus 2020 for UG and PG Students.
CLAT is a national level entrance test for law students. CLAT holds key to the undergraduate and postgraduate law programs that are offered from the top 22 national law universities in India. The CLAT 2020 Syllabus has released on its official website. It is very important for students to know the CLAT Syllabus before starting its preparation.
The CLAT Syllabus for undergraduate students includes a subject like English, Current affairs, general knowledge, legal aptitude, and logical reasoning. The subjects for postgraduate students are constitutional law, criminal law, and international law. Read this article to get an overview of the CLAT syllabus.
CLAT Syllabus for Undergraduate students
- English Language
It includes the passages of about 450 words which is derived from different writings. You have to read carefully the passage and solve the questions. There will be different questions that will be asked to check your comprehension and language skills.
- Read the passage carefully and comprehend the main points, arguments and viewpoints explain in the passage.
- Draw the inferences and conclusions from the passage.
- Summarize the passage.
- Understand the meaning of words and phrases given in the passage.
- Logical Reasoning
The logical reasoning includes the different short passages of about 300 words. The passage is followed by some questions to check your following ability
- To recognize the arguments, premises and it’s a conclusion.
- To critically analyze the different patterns of reasoning.
- To effectively apply the inferences in the passage to new situations.
- To draw relationships and analogies, and access the effectiveness of the arguments.
- Quantitative Techniques
This section includes the different graphical, pictorial and textual representation and you have to derive:-
- Derive, infer, and manipulate the numerical information which is set out in the various passages.
- To apply various mathematical operations such as mensuration, ratio and proportion and statistical operations.
- Legal Knowledge
This passage are of about 450 words which includes the real fact situations, scenario involving legal matters and public policy questions. This section how you will implement your knowledge to solve real-life problems.
- To Identify and infer rules and principles set out in the passage.
- To apply those rules and principles to real-life situations.
- To understand that variation in rules may alter the application of various fact situations.
- General Knowledge
In this section, there is also the passage of about 450 words which is derived from the news, journals, etc. The questions are asked from the legal knowledge or the data given in that passage. It includes:-
- Contemporary events from India and all over the world.
- Art and Culture.
- International Affairs.
- Historical Events.
CLAT Syllabus 2020 for Postgraduate Students
Objective section for PG Students
In this section, students get legal material like important court decisions in various court laws, statutes, and regulations. In each, there are questions which are asked to demonstrate the following points
- The Ability to read and comprehend the issues which are given in the passage.
- Awareness about the issues given in the passage and the fact related to that.
- Ability to apply your knowledge in the field of law.
- Summarize the passage.
Descriptive section for PG Students
In this section, the students have to write essays on the given topic. The word limit for the essays must not exceed 800 words. The topic of the essays are as given below
- The Constitutional law.
- Administrative law, family law, torts, Law of Contract, Criminal law, company law, Public international law.
- Tax law, labor, and Industrial law and Environmental law.
Clat exam is scheduled on 28th September as in online mode. Also it is expected that CLAT result will be announced soon as the exam is conducted in online manner.
Comments are closed.